Since 2002, Scouts from Houghton-le-Spring District have enjoyed international adventures abroad - visiting many countries across Europe. Each year, the adventure goes from strength to strength and provides opportunities for young people to experience a broad range of activities, other cultures, traditions and ways of life.
Scouts coming home from international adventures are part of a team, a scouting family that spans ages, abilities and scout groups. 100% of scouts attending in 2016 rated this trip as GOOD or BRILLIANT.
Its amazing fun, jam-packed with adventurous activity and guaranteed to form lasting memories and life-long friendships.
Parents comment on the trip being extremely good value for money and appreciate the experience of the adult team leading the adventure.
There are lots of opportunities to raise funds to reduce the cost, and last year, many scouts paid less than £200 for a week in the French alps.
Adding an international dimension to Scouting is an opportunity not to be missed!
This year, we're off to the French Alps in May 2017 half term and from today, this popular event is open for booking.
The £415 price includes:
- Luxury coach travel, travelling Dover-Calais
- Full board, indoor accommodation with excellent facilities including IT suite and MUGA
- Activity programme that includes:
- High Ropes
- Via Ferrata
- Alpine Mountain Hut
- Toboggan Run
- Read more about the chalet and activities in our leaflet
- For Scouts, Explorers and Familes who'd like to find out more - particularly those who've not been before - there is an information sharing event on Thursday 29th September 2016 @ 7.45pm at St Andrews Church, Concord Washington, NE37 2AX.
- Click here for more information and the Booking Form