You are invited to attend 1st Washingtons Camp of Witchcraft & Wizardry, a weekend of magic and adventure over two night with lots of magic and surprise instore as well as some classic camp activities that all Cubs are sure to enjoy.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
Welcoming Cubs and inducting them into 1st Washingtons Camp of WItchcraft and Wizardry, we will be sorting them into their houses, allocating them their dorms and then running a wide game to welcome them and help them burn off some energy before settling down for a movie in the Great Hall before bed.
A chance for Cubs to try lots of different activities throughout the day including:
- Target Practice (Archery)
- Backwoods Cooking
- Tree Climbing/Crate Stacking TBC
- Potion Brewing
- Wand making
- Making chocolate frogs
- Cubs photo booth
- Search of the Marodas map TBC
- And much, much, more...
Starting off with a great feast in the Great Hall for tea along with a little surprise for the Cubs, we have an evening of great activities planned including a campfire with roasted marshmallows and a movie in the Great Hall to finish the night off.
Getting out and about we will be exploring the great outdoors before returning to camp to finish things off with with the presentation of badges and the awarding of prizes for the house with the most house points.
WHERE WILL WE BE STAYING?
Stopping over on the West Hall campsite where we will be running the majority of our activities, Cubs will be sleeping indoors in the BP lodge.
FIRST TIME CAMPER?
Going away to camp allows Cubs the chance to:
- Try new things some of which we don't have the time for on a pack night
- Gain new experiences such as sleeping in a tent or telling stories or jokes around the campfire
- Earn badges that you can only get from coming to camp
It helps them with:
- Getting used to and gaining expeience sleeping away from home in a place that isn't far away in a magical world of its own
- Their personal development
Please check back here on the 7th March for a copy of the Kit List and Med/Consent form.